Who cares for me? Good practice in working with care leavers
Sitra in conjunction with Leaving Care Advisory Service (LCAS) are thrilled to bring you this much needed half day briefing.
The law relating to young people has changed considerably over the past few years both statute and through cases going to court outlining Local Authorities duties to young people.
This briefing is essential to those who work with young people as it will enable you to refresh your understanding about statutory duties to young people and how agencies can work together to provide high quality services in this austere environment. The briefing has a strong emphasis on equipping delegates with the practical ideas and tools to address the difficulties they have identified and improve the service young people receive.
If you attend this briefing you will leave:
- understanding the duties local authorities have to support care leavers
- knowing what Corporate Parenting is
- appreciating the latest developments in the world of leaving care
- being able to demonstrate good practice with care leavers
- having discussed the dilemmas and challenges you face.