The Government says its aims are to:
- Make the benefit system simpler and more affordable
- Help more people to move into and progress in work, while supporting the most vulnerable
- Reduce levels of fraud and error
- Make sure that those able to work must show a willingness to work as a condition of receiving benefits.
You can find more information about the different parts of the Government’s welfare reform programme by clicking on the links below:
- Housing Benefit guidance
- Rent reduction
- Universal Credit
- Specified accommodation
- Social housing size criteria ('bedroom tax')
- Personal Independence Payment
- Household benefit cap
- Council Tax
- Local welfare assistance
Read the latest issue of Touchbase, the DWP’s monthly newsletter for advisers.