payment by results
|Findings from across the evaluation phases to provide a rounded assessment of the supporting people payment by results pilots. Read it here|
|Introduction to PbR in housing support (May 2013) : A brief overview of PbR in housing support services, from Sitra events|
|Summary from interim evaluation of PbR in housing support (Dec 2012): Some key points from the evaluation of PbR pilots, looking at their key aims, changes to service delivery, a focus on outcomes and some unintended consequences|
|Potential benefits and disadvantages and key messages to policy-makers (Jan 2011): Notes from round-table discussions on PbR at the Sitra conference, ‘Making a difference: demonstrating outcomes’ in January 2011|
Piloting PbR in housing support
- Findings from across the evaluation phases to provide a rounded assessment of the supporting people payment by results pilots. Read it here
Learning from pilot sites (Alphabetical order)
- Birmingham (Feb 2012) : Neil Tryner, Head of Business Development at Midland Heart, describes the involvement of a group of providers in Birmingham in the pilot.
- Cheshire West and Chester: presentation (Dec 2012): A summary of the approach in this PbR pilot from the commissioner, including significant improvements to homelessness services.
- A payment by results model for homelessness (May 2012) Cheshire West and Chester Council has taken the opportunity of a scheduled procurement process to develop and introduce a payment by results model for homelessness services, writes the council’s Andy Meakin. The scope of the project includes all the services associated with a traditional linear model encompassing: street outreach, day centre, night shelter, hostel, move-on, and resettlement floating support.
- Kensington and Chelsea – the provider view: London Cyrenians Housing (Mar 2013): A summary of a provider’s self-started pilot into payment by outcomes
- Lewisham Two summaries of the approach in this PbR pilot, one from the commissioner and the other from a provider
- Lewisham – the commissioner view (Mar 2012)
- Lewisham – the provider view: Centrepoint (Mar 2013)
- Service users develop personalised payment by results system (Oct/Nov 2012) Mark Thompson, CEO of Connection, explains what happened in a three-month research project when Connection, a specialist floating support provider, asked service users to help design a process for measuring results which was personalised and provided a basis for affecting payment.
- Stockport (May 2012): A summary of the approach in this PbR pilot from the commissioner, including the co-produced outcomes framework developed.
- Stockport: payment by results – the pilots (Feb 2012): Dave Brown, Strategic Review Officer at Stockport Council, outlines how they have involved providers and service users in their PbR pilot.