The Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) were commissioned by the Local Government Association to support LINks Chairs and Council Lead Officers to prepare for the transfer from Local Involvement Networks to local Healthwatch (at local level) and Healthwatch England (at national level) which was established from October 2012.
Local Healthwatch organisations are central to helping people access and make choices about their care and representing the local collective voice. This is done by championing public and patient involvement in health and social care issues at Health and Wellbeing Boards, where strategic decisions will be taken about local health and social care services.
The Health and Social Care Partnership provided the following support:
- Facilitation and development of activities
- Explored the options of Local Heathwatch models
- Addressed problems and developed solutions
- Promoted effective policy translation and implementation
- Supported a national evidence base of good practice
- Worked to support Local Healthwatch commissioners
As part of this work, HSCP facilitated two networks (Chairs and Commissioners) and provided an important connection into the Department of Health to inform the developments from LINks to Healthwatch.